Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Slippers

I'm finally catching up on posting all my spring projects to the blog!  This is just a quick note about some fun slippers I made using a "Starting Points Slipper Sole" kit put out by Boye....  Basically, it's a suede slipper sole with comfy faux shearling inside, and there are holes punched on the side so you can crochet or knit a slipper and then stitch the sole onto the slipper.  Genius!

I made two pairs: one for my mother-in-law in maroon yarn:


and one for a good friend of Sonia's (Valerie), in pink:


These were pretty fun to make! I wish I could make some for myself, but my feet would get too hot in them.  I am just not a slipper-wearing person!  They look so comfortable and cozy, though....  I love the ribbed ankle part.  The pattern included in the kit was written by the extremely talented and prolific Kim Guzman, who gave me some help when I needed it.  She is a superstar in the crochet world, so I am really grateful that she took the time to assist me!  Thanks again, Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment